Matt and Steve have both been listed as Highly Cited Authors by the American Society for Plant Biology for their articles published in Plant Physiology and The Plant Cell between 2009 and 2013. They are 2 of only 10 scientists listed for Australia; 6 of the others from Australia are also members of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology. To date, both have over 400 citations from these articles.
These highly cited articles include:
- A Tovkach, PR Ryan, AE Richardson, DC Lewis, TM Rathjen, S Ramesh, SD Tyerman, E Delhaize (2013) Transposon-mediated alteration of TaMATE1B expression in wheat confers constitutive citrate efflux from root apices Plant Physiology 161, 880-892 [PUBMED][DOI online source]
- Conn SJ†, Gilliham M†§, Athman A, Schreiber AS, Baumann U, Moller I, Cheng N-H, Stancombe MA, Hirschi KD, Webb AAR, Burton R, Kaiser BN, Tyerman SD and Leigh RA (2011) Cell-specific vacuolar calcium storage mediated by AtCAX1 regulates apoplastic calcium concentration, gas exchange and plant productivity. Plant Cell 23:240–257. [PUBMED] [DOI online source]
- Preuss CP, Huang CY, Gilliham M, Tyerman SD§ (2010) Channel-Like characteristics of the low-afﬁnity barley phosphate transporter PHT1;6 when expressed in Xenopus oocytes. Plant Physiology 152:1431–1441. [PUBMED] [DOI online source]
- (2009) Shoot Na+ exclusion and increased salinity tolerance engineered by cell type-specific alteration of Na+ transport in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 21:2163-78 [PUBMED][DOI online source]
- (2009) The role of plasma membrane intrinsic protein aquaporins in water transport through roots: diurnal and drought stress responses reveal different strategies between isohydric and anisohydric cultivars of grapevine. Plant Physiology 149:445-60 [PUBMED][DOI online source]
- Roles of morphology, anatomy, and aquaporins in determining contrasting hydraulic behavior of roots
H Bramley, NC Turner, DW Turner, SD Tyerman§ Plant Physiology 150, 348-364 [PUBMED][DOI online source]
Find the list of highly cited authors here.